Wednesday, March 09, 2016

When belief systems obliterate and anger must be quelled.

I was recently at a funeral where I now realize the truth of my beliefs can never converge with a Christian parsec. Listening to a minister say things that Christians may want to hear, but when the two primary mourners are atheists, it did little to service myself and felt disrespectful even while it was the wishes of the Christian that died for which she had no concept of what it means to be a non believer. I have found out more about myself that day than many previous days. I have found that I have no respect for Christian beliefs because Christian believers have no respect for non believers.

I realize that the service spoke to many there in touching ways and I hope they received their fill in their belief of the God fantasy which was given onto them. I however am happy to have went only for the companionship in others recognizing a great life once lived in service to others for in many ways did not contain Christian context, but true secular ones.

I remember as a child that I was taught miracles in the Bible that we are suppose to believe in just stopped happening. But as a man of 24 after a sincere search of a Christian faith, I mourned my faith and embraced reason. Ever since that day I have witnessed to people the truth with love that Christianity is not a benevolent belief system, nor is it one of integrity. The Christian culture will curve toward zero over time. The asymptote curve to zero will become the norm.

What the Christian religion does do for us is allow many to recognize that faith can have devastating consequences for example: 911.

Meanwhile my hero's are Neil Degrasse Tyson, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Hitchens and George H Smith who brought reason close to my heart.

Thank you all for coming to visit with me, and I hope this letter in some ways speaks to you. Certain things should be forgotten, others can be remembered fondly. I wish everyone to take a peace of their heart in service to others being generous, being kind, finding understanding, being at peace with themselves.

With all my respect,

the foxjazz.




 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home